Join us for a memorable meeting this month: Honoring Veterans. CAPT Karen Baetzel, USN (ret.) is our special guest speaker. If you are a Veteran, please dress in uniform so we may acknowledge you. If you know a Veteran, please invite them to attend. If you have a family member that has served our country, please bring a photo or memento to be placed on recognition table.
November 20 Member Meeting Program – Honoring Veterans
Hosted by Public Issues Committee – Chair, Sally Alshouse 954.494.0197 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 11:30 AM – Social, Luncheon Buffet Opens
- 12:00 PM – Meeting Starts
- PLEASE CONTACT SALLY TO RSVP NAMES OF VETERANS AND IF SPECIAL PARKING IS REQUIRED!
A sought-after speaker, Karen Baetzel is national consultant, trainer, writer and award-winning public speaker. After a 30-year career in the United States Navy, Captain Baetzel retired as one of its most senior female aviators. Karen transitioned into founding BattleAxe Consulting Services in 2007 and is a charter member of the National Women Veterans Speakers Bureau.
Potluck “Modern Elegance” Thanksgiving Buffet Lncheon (food item rotation & suggested items):
- A to J brings Appetizers/Sides: i.e. Belgian Endive & Apple Salad, Sugary Spiced Pecans, Squash & Rice Casserole, Lemony Brussel Sprouts, Wedge Salad, Drop Biscuits
- K to Z brings Entrees: i.e. Roasted Turkey Breast with Rosemary, Apple Glazed Pork Loin, Pineapple and Brown Sugar Roasted Ham, Turkey Meat Loaf and Gravy
Don’t have time to cook? We need water, iced tea, lemonade or soda. So we can start meeting on time, it is essential you drop off or bring food items for the luncheon buffet between 10-11:30 am. We appreciate your cooperation. IT IS IMPORTANT TO CONTACT Hospitality Chair, Linda Parlock, to let her know what you are bringing or if you want to help with set-up or clean-up. 954-718-0308 or email@example.com.
The Community Service Program committees have arranged to support the following COLLECTION DRIVES this holiday season. See and click on links below for details about items you can donate and more information about our chosen local charities. Please bring your selected items to November and December meetings. Contact Chairs for more information. Thank you!
- HOME LIFE: Thanksgiving items i.e. canned corn, sweet potatoes, cranberry sauce, gravy and stuffing for The Pantry of Broward
- INTERNATIONAL OUTREACH: White socks and toiletry items for Seafarer’s House Shoebox Christmas
- HOME LIFE: Infant/Toddler “wish list” items for Jack & Jill Children’s Center
Guests are welcome to attend! Please RSVP to Dianne Congdon, Membership Secretary, at 954.684.8841 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 18.