This month’s meeting is being hosted by Public Affairs Community Service Program Chair, Sally Alshouse. Guest speaker is Michelle Zielenski, a Women Veteran Program Manager at the Bruce W Carter Veteran’s Affairs Medical Center in Miami Florida. We invite members and guests to join us. Please invite Veterans or bring photos of loved ones who have served or currently serving in the Military.
Giving & Thanking Luncheon Buffet - suggestions for food rotation:
Entrees – A to J: Potage Au Potiron, Slow Roasted Turkey, Oven Baked Ham with Pineapple, Cranberry Pork Loin, Apricot Chicken
Appetizers & Sides – K to Z: Maple Glazed Roasted Squash, Roasted Autumn Vegetables, Chestnut Stuffing, Broccoli Slaw, Brown Butter Green Beans
Please call Hospitality Chair Linda Parlock at 954-770-2051 to let her know what you will be bringing to the table. Not able to cook? Ask about helping with prep/clean-up or supplying drinks or ice. It is essential to deliver items between 10:00-11:15 so we can open the food buffet promptly at 11:30.
To support our general operating expenses, a $5 donation will be collected from members and guests at the door.
Annual Collection Drives – Helping Those In Need this Holiday Season. Click on links to learn more about charities and items in need, please bring to November Meeting:
- Thanksgiving non-perishable items The Pantry of Broward which provides support to seniors (ages 60+). Please contact Home Life Chair, Donna Richardson email@example.com for questions.
- White socks & toiletries, especially toothbrushes and toothpaste for Seafarers House. Please contact International Chair, Ashley Brizendine for questions or to sign up to deliver gifts to ships in Port Everglades.
The Nominations Committee has been working hard to ensure we have a great slate of Board Officers who are dedicated and prepared to lead our club for the next two years. The Nominations Committee will present a slate of nominees at our November 18, 2016 meeting. Please note, nominations will also be accepted from the floor during the meeting.
The vote for the 2017-2018 Board Officer Election, which will be held at the December 16, 2016 club meeting. If you have questions or nominations, please contact Nominations Committee Chair, Linda Gibboney at 954-465-3762 or firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 18, 2016.
- Email your nomination to email@example.com
- In person at the November 18, 2016 member meeting
- Mail your nomination to: FLWC, P.O. Box 2487, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33303