Our Home Life Community Service Program Committee is designed to inform members of issues that affect the well-being of individuals, families, and local community organizations. We welcome members and guests to our luncheon beginning at 11:30 am. Meeting starts at Noon and ends at 1:00 pm.
Focusing on well-being of individuals, the guest speakers this month will provide information on complementary healthcare:
- Express Life Family Chiropractic – https://www.expresslifechiro.com/
- Fort Lauderdale Acupuncture – http://fortlauderdaleacupuncture.com/
See below for Collection Drives for October, November and December. Please contact Chair with your questions or make alternative arrangement to drop off items if you cannot attend club meetings:
- October & November– Thanksgiving dry food items or grocery gift cards for The Pantry of Broward, Home Life Chair, Donna Richardson, contact 954-762-9444.
- October & November– Shoe boxes, Toiletries & White Socks for Seafarers House, International Chair, Asheley Brizendine contact 954-494-3256.
- November & December – Holiday toys for Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center, Home Life Chair, Donna Richardson 954-762-9444.
Potluck Luncheon – Aligning with our theme of “taking care of ourselves,” we are requesting you bring heart healthy food for the buffet. Here are our suggestions for the table:
- A-J (letter of last name) – SANDWICHES or NON-SANDWICHES: (choose whole grain, tortilla, pita or flat breads — or no bread!): Tuna, egg or chicken salad; sliced turkey, ham or roast beef; and vegetarian items such as cucumber, falafel or tomato & mozzarella sandwiches.
- K-Z (letter of last name) – SALADS: Caesar, spinach, kale or other green salad; artichoke, carrot, brussel sprouts, three bean or black bean, potato, corn, cabbage slaw; or a vegetable platter.
Please call Hospitality Chair Linda Parlock at 954-770-2051 to let her know what you will be bringing to the table. Not able to cook? Ask about helping with prep/clean-up or supplying drinks or ice. It is essential to deliver items between 10:00-11:15 so we can open the food buffet promptly at 11:30.
To support the club’s general operating expenses, a $5 donation will be collected at the door.
Please contact Home Life Chair, Donna Richardson, at 954-762-9444, if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing our members and guests on October 20!!