The Fort Lauderdale Woman’s Club is located on the southeast corner of Broward Boulevard and Andrews Avenue at the very heart of downtown Fort Lauderdale. It has a large main room and a smaller anteroom, along with a kitchen and restrooms. Conveniently located across from the city parking garage, it’s a great place for a baby shower, wedding, birthday party, anniversary celebration, family reunion or business meeting.
Built in 1917, clubhouse is one of the most significant historic buildings in Fort Lauderdale. A beautiful setting that borders Stranahan Park and the Main County Library, the grounds contain a gazebo surrounded by a lawn area and Botanical Garden.
HIGHLIGHTS OF VENUE & AMENITIES:
- Large main room, with anteroom – capacity of 130 people.
- Additional capacity outside in gazebo, lawn and garden.
- Updated kitchen with access to stove and microwave to warm food items.
- Tables and chairs available for use at no extra charge.
- Free access to WiFi. Projector available for rent.
- Two restrooms, one large enough for dressing.
- Building and bathroom is ADA accessible.
- Designed by Miami architect August Geiger in the Mediterranean Revival style.
- Restored front porch entrance (won two awards for design excellence), electric fireplace, Dade-County pine floors and portrait windows with garden views.
- Baby Grand Piano circa 1960 available for concerts and recitals.
- Parking is available at the City of Fort Lauderdale County Lot II (pay meter or by phone) directly across Andrews Avenue and a short walk to the clubhouse. Ask Rentals Manager about Group Rate (flat fee).
Clubhouse, gardens and gazebo provide a unique setting and stunning backdrop for photos!
RENTAL INFORMATION: The Fort Lauderdale Woman’s Club is the oldest civic organization in Broward County and we use the clubhouse for members to gather for monthly meetings and fundraisers, however keeping with our commitment to serving the community, we offer the clubhouse for rent to individuals, businesses and nonprofits at reasonable rates*:
Large Event/Meeting – more than 60 guests, any day of the week:
- $1363 total – $900 fee+$63 sales tax+$100 cleaning+$300 damage deposit
- To hold date: $500 non-refundable down payment.
- Max capacity is 130 people.
Small Event/Meeting – less than 60 people, any day except Saturday:
- $678 total – $400 fee+$28 sales tax+$100 cleaning+$150 damage deposit
- To hold date: $250 non-refundable down payment.
Tables & chairs available at no extra charge. Catering kitchen, no cooking or open flames.
*Pricing is subject to change based on month (peak/off-peak) and day of event. Ask about our special rates for nonprofits.
PAYMENT: Click here to go to our “Cart” page to secure rental or hold date (down payment) to pay online by credit card. Please contact Rentals Manager to pay by check or cash.
FOR QUESTIONS: Further information about pricing, logistics, schedule a showing or obtain a rental application, it is best you directly contact our Rentals Manager, Jo Ann Smith, on her cell phone 954-298-5607. You may also send email to email@example.com.
We look forward to helping you plan your event or meeting at the Fort Lauderdale Woman’s Club!