Spring is in the air and there are variety of activities and happenings for our members and friends to get involved with during the month of April. Please read through list and reach out to the coordinators with your questions.
- Thursday, April 6 at 6:00 pm – NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale for private docent tour viewing Catherine Opie’s intimate photographs of Elizabeth Taylor, her home, and her belongings. We will meet at the cafe at 5:45 pm. FREE tour, however you may purchase wine and food in cafe. The museum is located at One East Las Olas Blvd, Fort Lauderdale. Click here for information & directions or contact Rebecca Solomon at 954-471-6892 or email@example.com.
- Monday, April 17 at 6:30 pm – FLWC Book Club at Donna Bruno’s home to discuss The Little Paris Bookshop by Nina George, which has been referred to as the “the love letter to books.” You are welcome to bring a guest and snacks or treats. Address to Donna Bruno’s is 2802 NE 15th Street Fort Lauderdale, 33304. Directions: Head east on Sunrise Boulevard, turn left (north) onto Bayview Drive (across from Galleria Mall), then turn right onto NE 15th Street. It is the last house at the end of the street on the intercoastal. Please RSVP via email, text, or call Meg at 954-692-4368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friday, April 21 at 11:30 am – April Club Meeting hosted by the Conservation Committee with special guest speaker, Vicki Eckels. Click here to go to news page for complete details.
- Saturday, April 22 at 2:00 pm – Macy’s at Galleria Mall is having a VIP Party to Celebrate Spring with wine, treats and $10 off shopping gift card for those attending. The club will also be receiving a $100 gift card for our participation. Free admission, please register at Eventbrite. For questions please contact Rebecca Solomon at 954-471-6892 or email@example.com.
- Wednesday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m – Hibiscus Theatre Film Night at FLWC – “Big Cypress Swamp”, The Western Everglades – This film is a documentary commissioned by the State of Florida to Elam S. Stoltzfus. In this film you will learn about the power of local conservationists and environmentalists who were able to stop the building of the “Jet Port” in the middle of the Everglades; meet Clyde Butcher, a famous local photographer; see the famous “ghost orchid” and grandfathered hunt lodges; meet one of the Osceola’s who still lives in the swamp; and see the Florida panther and other wildlife. $5.00 admission includes free popcorn! Please RSVP to Mindy Noble at 954-815-3439 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, May 21 (NEW DATE*) at 7:30 am – PawSUP & Surf Competition to benefit Canine Companions for Independence. Have a fun-filled day paddling with your dog and watch your surfur hit the waves and hang 20! No experience is necessary. Experience lots of laughs and fun all while raising money to benefit CCI. Light food and raffle and prizes for winners! Please bring your beach umbrella towels, life jacket (for dog) and water for you and your pooch. Paddle and Surfboards provided by BC Surf & Sport. Click here to register or make a donation. Volunteers are needed for check-in table and raffle prize table. Please contact Ann Mihaiu at 305-608-2828 or email@example.com.
* due to high surf conditions on April 30 this event has been rescheduled to May 21.