Our Public Issues Community Service Program is designed to connect our members with effective projects and activities relating to civic engagement including; citizenship, veterans affairs, emergency preparedness and safety.
It is fitting to honor veterans during the month of November and we are grateful to have Stan Bostic, Founder/Director of Community Affairs of Honor Flight South Florida as our Guest Speaker.
See below for Collection Drives for November and December. Please contact Chair with your questions or make alternative arrangement to drop off items if you cannot attend club meetings:
- November– Thanksgiving dry food items or grocery gift cards for The Pantry of Broward, Home Life Chair, Donna Richardson, contact 954-762-9444.
- November & December– Shoe boxes, Toiletries & White Socks for Seafarers House, International Chair, Asheley Brizendine contact 954-494-3256.
- November & December – Holiday toys for Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center, Home Life Chair, Donna Richardson 954-762-9444.
Potluck Luncheon – In celebration of Thanksgiving, the Hospitality team will be making the main entrees of turkey and ham, however we ask you bring your favorite holiday side dishes, salads and appetizers. Here are our suggestions for the table:
- A-J (letter of last name) – SALADS / APPETIZERS: Caesar, spinach, kale or other green salad; Ambrosia or other fruit salad, couscous or quinoa salad, dips & chips, cheese ball, baked brie or vegetable platter.
- K-Z (letter of last name) – SIDE DISHES: Stuffing, mashed potatoes, candied yams, macaroni & cheese, creamed corn, green bean casserole, collard greens, Brussels sprouts, cranberry sauce or apple sauce.
Please call Hospitality Chair Linda Parlock at 954-770-2051 to let her know what you will be bringing to the table. Not able to cook? Ask about helping with prep/clean-up or supplying drinks or ice. It is essential to deliver items between 10:00-11:15 so we can open the food buffet promptly at 11:30.
To support the club’s general operating expenses, a $5 donation will be collected at the door.
Please contact Public Issues Chair, Sally Alshouse, at 954-494-0197, if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing our members and guests on November 17!